Your host, Stephanie Piché, and her Flavour Crew serve up interviews, recipes, tips and the occasional bar-side chat...
SUBSCRIBE ON ITUNES
LISTEN ON iHeartRadio
LISTEN on STITCHER RADIO
LISTEN on SPOTIFY
LISTEN on Player FM
LISTEN on TuneIn Radio
FOLLOW STEPHANIE ON TWITTER
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
ADVERTISE WITH US
SIGN UP BY EMAIL
Celebrating Beaujolais Nouveau
A note from Stephanie...
I arrived at our local liquor store around noon on Thursday, November 15th and watched - in awe - as a lady was scrambling to fill a shopping cart with the artfully-displayed bottles arranged under the sign that said “Le Beaujolais Nouveau est arrivé!”
It's popularity is growing in North America every year.
But if you aren't quick enough, your local store may run out before you decide to try a bottle.
Don't know what you're missing? Let us fill you in!
Note: If you are just finding this podcast page through a Google search and haven't listened to it before...you can either click on the built-in player below, click on the red box on the bottom to see ALL the episode links OR just look for us on the other players mentioned above!
Resources & Links
The Beaujolais Nouveau wines are set to be released in select LCBO stores in Ontario, Canada on Thursday November 15th, 2018
• LCBO# 220483 - The Fool Reif Estate Gamay Nouveau VQA 750mL, Canada
• LCBO# 899955 - Negrar Vino Novello del Veneto 750mL, Italy
• LCBO# 891846 - Duboeuf Gamay Nouveau 750mL, France
• LCBO# 638080 - Bouchard Aine Beaujolais Nouveau
• LCBO# 640052 - Le Père La Grolle Beaujolais Nouveau
• LCBO# 897934 - Mommessin Beaujolais Nouveau 750mL, France
• LCBO# 443192 - Mezzacorona Novello, Trentino 750 mL, Italy
• LCBO# 7922 - Calvet Beaujolais Nouveau 750mL
• VINTAGES# 113266 - 18 Beaujolais Villages Nouveau (Joseph Drouhin) 750mL, France
• VINTAGES# 932780 - 18 Beaujolais-Villages Nouveau (G. Duboeuf) 750mL, France
*Prices are subject to change without notice.
**Not all stores will receive all products. Please contact your local store to confirm availability.
Chicken Liver Mousse
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup chopped shallots
1 cup chopped apple
1/2 teaspoon Herbes De Provence
1 pound chicken livers, cleaned
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup Armagnac
1 cup heavy cream
In a large sauté pan over low heat, melt the butter and cook shallots, apple, and herbes,
covered, until apples soften. Remove lid and increase heat to medium add the livers and cook until firm and still pink inside. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Add the pepper, salt, and Armagnac and puree in a food processor; then chill, covered.
Meanwhile whip the heavy cream to medium peaks. Fold into cooled, pureed liver mixture. Serve chilled with baguette.
Please make sure to rate Flying For Flavour on iTunes so we can spread the passion for all things food, wine & travel!