Your host, Stephanie Piché and her Flavour Crew, serve up interviews, recipes, tips and the occasional bar-side chat...
A note from Stephanie...
It might be because I started my career in hospitality immediately as a business owner, but food waste never made sense to me. It was money down the drain - literally!
I had to learn how to plan my menus and methods so that every ingredient is utilized.
To this day, I still organize my home kitchen the same way and share my tips in my cooking classes every chance I get.
There are many people in this world who need food. Those who are lucky to have it, shouldn't waste it. It is that simple.
Note: If you are just finding this podcast page through a Google search and haven't listened to it before...you can either click on the built-in player below, click on the red box on the bottom to see ALL the episode links OR just look for us on the other players mentioned above!
Resources & Links
At-Home Food Rescue Tips
- Always shop with a list and stick to it.
- Don't serve large, overfilled plates at meals.
- Learn to love leftovers - or trade them with a friend.
- Use your freezer as often as possible.
- Take an inventory in your fridge, freezer and pantry often.
- Don't assume that all expiration dates are absolute.
- Learn canning to preserve whatever you can.
- Donate to food banks, farms and agencies via foodrescue.ca
Bonus YouTube Audio - Food Rescue Symposium
Please make sure to rate Flying For Flavour on iTunes so we can spread the passion for all things food, wine & travel!
Have a show idea or a suggestion of someone Stephanie & the Flavour Team should interview?
Email us at: