1 duck breast, fat trimmed
3 tbsp hoisin sauce
1/2 tsp five spice powder
salt and pepper
1 cup baby spinach, chopped
1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
1/2 cup bell peppers, thinly sliced
1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 lb pizza dough
1 tbsp sesame seeds, for garnish
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Sprinkle both sides of the duck breast with five-spice powder, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over high heat. Cook duck for 4 - 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer skillet to oven. Bake duck to rare, 8-10 minutes. Allow to rest for 5 minutes, thinly slice, and cut each slice in half. Set aside.
- Form dough into 4 even balls, then flatten to form disks and place on well-greased baking sheets.
- Brush crusts with hoisin sauce.
- Top each with spinach, cheese, bell pepper and duck. Bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
Like this recipe? Why not try one of these as well?
Want to night out with great cuisine and a chance to learn a little about wine?
Why not join Stephanie at Wander Food & Wine for a wine tasting or class ?
OPENING FALL 2019!